The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:47pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
transition function in Verilog-A (Read 3910 times)
prcken

PRC
transition function in Verilog-A
Apr 04th, 2014, 8:58am

Hi All,
Due to absdelay function can't support AC simulation, so I use transition function instead. I just want to delay the signal from the previous block, not redefining the rise and fall time. But I found after changing to transition function, the results from transient simulation seem not correct. Please advise!
Thanks!

//OptPower(OutOptPower) <+ absdelay((OptPower(InOptPower_top)+OptPower(InOptPower_bot)) * Topt, prop_delay);
//OptPhase(Phase_probe) <+ absdelay(phase_diff,[0]);
OptPower(OutOptPower) <+ transition((OptPower(InOptPower_top)+OptPower(InOptPower_bot)) * Topt, prop_delay);
OptPhase(Phase_probe) <+ transition(phase_diff,[0]);

If neither rise nor fall time are specified, the rise and fall time are taken to be one unit of time (as defined by the timescale complier directive) and no attempt is made to control the time step to follow the trailing corner on the transition.
I am wondering is there any other function can support both tran and ac simulation?

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: transition function in Verilog-A
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2014, 1:57am

The argument to a transition function must be piecewise constant, so it cannot be used to delay an AC signal.

The only way to do what you want would be to instantiate a built in primitive that implements delay. If you are using spectre, you can implement a delay component.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
prcken

PRC
Re: transition function in Verilog-A
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2014, 2:14pm

Thank you so much, Ken!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.