The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 4:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
multiple spectre runs with one netlist (Read 1244 times)
OsDi

multiple spectre runs with one netlist
Feb 06th, 2014, 9:39pm

Hello to everybody!
I simulate the DNL of an ADC and use a bit rewritten standart ADC DNL measurement module from Cadence IC6.1.6 installation. If I simulate my netlist (ADC + measurement module) once I get my DNL written to the output file.
But now I want to run multiple spectre simulations at once (for example corner simulation with ADE XL). If I do it I get multiple results in one file -- but some results from some corners are missing. I suppose that is because multiple spectre's write to one file.
I tried to workabout by using
out_file = $fopen( "~/results/%P.dat");
to open the file with the name of the PID of spectre. But the problem is still here. I get files for some corners only (for example 4 results for 7 corners).
Does some way to do it exist?

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: multiple spectre runs with one netlist
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2014, 12:53am

If you're running with corners in ADE XL, then each simulation will be a separate run of the simulator - and hence a different process. So I doubt it's overwriting the results that's the problem here. Note that if you use ~/results/%P.txt or whatever, and then are using distributed processing (e.g. LSF) there's a chance that the process ids might clash, as you could end up with the same process id on different machines (you could even on the same machine if there are a lot of runs and the machine is busy, as it could cycle around the process ids, but that's pretty unlikely). But as I said, I doubt that's your real problem.

Maybe you should contact Cadence's customer support at http://support.cadence.com ?

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2014, 12:36am

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2014, 3:36am

OsDi,
did you try running your simulation in sequence?
Did you check the results? From your description I suspect there is  something wrong with those simulations that do not give a result...
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
OsDi

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2014, 12:08am

Frank Wiedmann wrote on Feb 10th, 2014, 12:36am:

Thanks a lot. It atually solved my problem.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.