The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:11pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
array of nodes (Read 2460 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

array of nodes
Jan 13th, 2014, 11:08pm

Hi all,

I want to create a circuit model with a large number of ports (say 1000). In the Verilog-A manual, it says I can create Vectored Nodes, but I can't get this feature to work. The error I get is:

line 7: Encountered a vector node with a scalar member in a port list, which the software does not support

so are vectored nodes supported or not?

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: array of nodes
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2014, 6:26am

Can you please show what you've actually tried? Also which simulator you're using?

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: array of nodes
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2014, 7:19pm

OK sorry, but it seems it was a false alarm.

this is what I originally tried

Quote:
module whatever(out[0], out[3]);
output [3:0] out;
electrical [3:0] out;

which I got from this document called "SIMetrix Verilog-A Manual" pg 31. I also tried

module whatever(out[3:0]);

but I got a similar error message. Anyway after you asked for my code I assumed that it is possible to declare a large number of ports, and I found the correct method in the Verilog-A Language Reference Manual Version 1.0., pg 114. I thought I tried this yesterday too but I guess I didn't...

Quote:
module whatever(out);
output [3:0] out;
electrical [3:0] out;

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.