The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:56am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fabrication using stripline (Read 5073 times)
smwk

Pakistan
fabrication using stripline
Nov 03rd, 2013, 8:55am

Hi
I want to fabricate the test circuit (circuit given in attached datasheet) using stripline. How to make a layout in ADS? What about RFC 1 and RFC 2 given in the circuit? How to include them in layout?Can somebody help me make the layout?

View Profile   IP Logged
harpoon

Hampshire
Re: fabrication using stripline
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2013, 5:32am

Hi smwk,

I think you have 2 questions here ...
1) How to fabricate the structure - Any PCB manufacturing software can do this. After all, it looks like a single layer copper trace on a Duroid substrate (where's ground ?). It might be easier to just approach a PCB manufacturer (who uses Duroid) and ask them that question. In fact, they may just lay it out and make it for you for a very small fee.

2) RFC1 and RFC2 - As far as I can tell, these are just wires (inductors) that are soldered down to the structure. You cannot included them in the layout. This is very "old school, high power" stuff, like in the old FM transmitter days.
RFC1 is a 3 turn (3T) air core inductor, diameter and wire spec given.
RFC2 is just an inverted "U" shaped wire (Hair pin), height of the "U" and wire spec given.

Why do you want to use ADS to make this ?

Having said all that, you might find that "GHz tech" already have the test boards manufactured for their transistor and it may be cheaper to buy the whole test board (inductors, caps, transistor) from them.

Also, how do you intend to bias up the transistor and drive it ? SMA connectors at the input/output ?

What test equipment do you have or intend to use ?

in any case ... good luck !

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.