The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:08am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Comparator ISF using PSS/PAC (Read 9403 times)
kerekuto

Comparator ISF using PSS/PAC
Mar 20th, 2013, 5:25pm

Hi, I am trying to simulate the Impulse Sensitivity Function (ISF) of a clocked comparator using SpectreRF as in Kim's paper "Impulse Sensitivity Function Analysis of Periodic Circuits". I’ve already obtained the ISF using the transient-based method, but I would like to compare performance and results. I am not very familiar with PSS or PAC, and all the information I've found in other forums is more geared towards oscillators.

Does anybody know about a good tutorial, or better yet, has anybody tried to reproduce this method?

(Link to the paper: http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~papers/iccad08/PDFs/Papers/05C.2.pdf)

View Profile   IP Logged
PinGuine

Re: Comparator ISF using PSS/PAC
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2013, 1:43pm

Hi
i have simulated ISF using PAC. But special script was needed after simulation to implement approach from paper.
if ISF value at one time point is interested then You can
1. Add strobe component in the testbench. Which will strobe output at interested time.
2.Run PAC.
3. Integrate "sideband 0" from 0hz to Fclock/2. It gives ISF value

View Profile   IP Logged
kerekuto

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2013, 2:25pm

Hi PinGuine, thank you for your reply. By strobe component, are you referring to the clock signal (vpulse source)? The other sources I have are only DC sources: VDD, VCM to bias the inputs, and a dc voltage between the inputs to cancel input offset, is this setup correct?

For the PAC analysis, on which source should I apply the PAC magnitude of 1?

Can you give me more details on how to do the integration you mentioned on step 3?

View Profile   IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2013, 12:13am

PinGuine wrote on Mar 26th, 2013, 1:43pm:
Hi
i have simulated ISF using PAC. But special script was needed after simulation to implement approach from paper.
if ISF value at one time point is interested then You can
1. Add strobe component in the testbench. Which will strobe output at interested time.
2.Run PAC.
3. Integrate "sideband 0" from 0hz to Fclock/2. It gives ISF value

hello,you say spercial script was needed for PAC to get ISF, can you post your script here?

View Profile   IP Logged
achalk

Mountain View
Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2013, 6:08pm

@kerekuto - the slide 20 of the classnotes on dynamic comparators here https://bspace.berkeley.edu/access/content/group/814408c5-19c5-454c-ab95-454a58b... illustrates the idea of strobing the output at fixed time (t_sub_0 in the paper) after the edge of the clock (that sets the frequency to W_sub_c).

and as per my understanding the pac input of magnitude 1 will have to applied at the input of the your clocked comparator.   

View Profile   IP Logged
phlan

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2017, 5:54pm

Hi achalk,

the webwite is not available anymore until Jun. 17, 2017. Would you please guide me where can I find the related materials? Appreciate your great helps.

phlan

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2017, 4:00pm

If you have access to the IEEEXplore, you can probably still find the
paper.

Be aware that the measurement is non-trivial even in simulation. There
are simpler methods based on frequency domain simulations.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.