The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:42pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Instantiating a Calibre xRC netlist output in the config view (Read 4041 times)
unevb

Instantiating a Calibre xRC netlist output in the config view
Nov 06th, 2012, 5:50pm

I am having trouble including my Calibre xRC output (parasitic extracted netlist) in a spectre simulation.

When I set the Calibre output format to Calibreview, the extracted netlist appears as one of the 'views' which can be selected in the config test bench. This makes simulation really easy, however, the calibreview does not support hierarchical xRC which is important in my setup.

So instead now I am generating the Spectre output format in calibre xRC, which supports hierarchical extraction. The output is in the form of a text file with a .pex.netlist extension. Is there a way to instantiate this as one of the 'views' in my cadence library?

View Profile   IP Logged
pazhasi

Re: Instantiating a Calibre xRC netlist output in the config view
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2016, 1:05am

You can go to config , right click on the cell -> Specify Spice source file and browse to the netlist file generated.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.