The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to find the Phase Noise for the DIVIDER (Read 7553 times)
Ricky Chen
Community Member

How to find the Phase Noise for the DIVIDER
Mar 25th, 2012, 9:01pm

Dear all,

I want to  simulate the phase noise of my divider which take input differential clock source (ideal). Some phase recombinations circuits after the divider give me multiple phase outputs. I want to see the phase noise of each phase output

Can any body tell how can I do the phase noise simulation of my divider. ( please point to any suitable documents)

I want to do following simulations with the divider

1)  simulate without any phase noise  in the  clock

2) simulate with certain amount phase noise  in the  clock

3) Lastly, I want to make some trasnsistors of the divider NOISELESS and then do the phase noise simulation

I could make the flicker noise of desired MOS transistors zero but How can I make their thermal NOISe zero.

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: How to find the Phase Noise for the DIVIDER
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2012, 2:31am

I'm not sure if this is possible. However, if you are using Cadence, you should be able to get all the information you need with a single simulation run by using the Noise Summary feature of ADE.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: How to find the Phase Noise for the DIVIDER
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2012, 5:03am

Andrew Beckett has just pointed out at http://www.cadence.com/community/forums/T/22011.aspx that it is in fact possible in Spectre to turn off or on the noise of specified devices.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.