The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:52pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forum Spam (Read 104 times)
Forum Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Forum Spam
Oct 25th, 2011, 8:33pm

The Community Forum is being increasingly the target of spam, and recently it has become quite offensive. I continue to look for ways to either prevent the spam from getting on the forum and to look for ways discover and remove it more quickly when it does. In the process I might accidentally do something that blocks access to innocent users. Please let me know if you suddenly can no longer access the Forum. You can notify me by sending to the webmaster at this domain name.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Forum Spam
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2011, 5:20pm

Ken - Is there some form of "flag as inappropriate" tool to allow self policing by readers?

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2011, 8:33pm

Jerry,
   No there is not. However the issue is not finding them. I finally have that under control. The issue is that the spam can sit on the site for hours before I get around to deleting it. This was fine when the spammers were putting up simple links, but recently they have started putting up very graphic images. I have made some changes and have not seen anything for a few days. Let's see how this works out. If the problem returns I will probably recruit some moderators to help reduce the time it takes for the spam to be taken down.

-Ken

loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2011, 6:10pm

fair enough - you have one of the "cleanest" and under orderly control forums on the internet!

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
twannie

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2013, 7:00am

Probably a good option to reduce spam is to implement the new reCaptcha's, like select an image where a cat is on... something like that... i heard from a lot people those work great versus nowadays spam. Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.