The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:30pm
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Question about phase noise simulation result (Read 8794 times)
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Question about phase noise simulation result
Reply #30 - Nov 25th, 2015, 12:53am

In general, there is no direct correlation between time domain (strobed, jitter) and averaged ("sources") pnoise results (see http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;DocumentTy...).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
deba
Community Member

Reply #31 - Feb 21st, 2018, 3:54am

Hi,

It is a very useful thread.

I have few questions, I hope someone can answer.

If someone is designing a clock buffer circuit. The AM noise can be removed by passing the clock output through an ideal VCVS with gain of 1, centred around Vdd/2. Thus, there is only PM noise present in the circuit. Here the sources (time average) method can be used to calculate the phase noise.

But when I use PM-jitter for this circuit, the results are almost 2x compared to sources. Can some one please help in this? Is the method of using VCVS with voltage limit correct?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
deba
Community Member

Reply #32 - Feb 21st, 2018, 10:54pm

A follow up question.

Passing the clock output through an ideal VCVS of gain=1 and voltage limits of +/-100 mV around the threshold(mid-value) suppresses the AM noise? Is the above statement correct?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.