The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 16th, 2024, 6:12am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SpaceX - Want to build space radios? (Read 7512 times)
Aaron Zeeb

SpaceX - Want to build space radios?
Mar 02nd, 2011, 5:17pm

About SpaceX
SpaceX is a commercial space startup company founded by Elon Musk of Tesla Motors and PayPal.  We are revolutionizing access to space by developing a family of launch vehicles and spacecraft -- Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 Rockets, and our Dragon Spacecraft.  

To date we have become the first commercial company to ever successfully launch a liquid fueled rock into Earth orbit.  In December of last year we became the first commercial company to successfully reclaim a spacecraft from Earth orbit -- a feat that only 6 nations have achieved!

RF Systems Engineer
Our Avionics Hardware Division is seeking an RF Systems Engineer to support the development, procurement, test and integration of broadband communication systems (transmitters, receivers, power amplifiers and modems) for our multi-purpose Dragon spacecraft.

We are specifically targeting individuals from the mobile phone and/or the consumer electronics industry (lower cost, compact packaging, reduced power consumption and mass production systems).

Responsibilities:
Develop requirements for multiple space hardened broadband communication systems operating in UHF and Ka bands
Create complex simulation models of the internal components and external channels to determine system performance specifications have been met
Development of system store and forward data architecture and ICDs including instrument interface through downlink antennas
Development or procurement of spacecraft flight hardware through all phases of mission life
Rapid and effective problem solving at all stages of vehicle integration and testing
Development of ground support equipment for the integration and test of the flight hardware and in support of ground station development

Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical area of study required; Masters degree preferred
Minimum of 3 full lifecycle project designs from requirements definition through modeling to final hardware design and test
Detailed understanding of digital communications protocols, forward error correction codes and methodologies, and communications system design
Detailed understanding of matched filter design and adaptive equalization in QPSK, OQPSK, and other modulation schemes
Experience with FH and Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum, Phase Locked Loop Analysis
Experience modeling fading channels with multipath, co-channel and adjacent channel interference
Experience with systems DSP re-sampling techniques and Digital Time Correction
Knowledge of MatLab, Simulink or C modeling
Familiarity with CCSDS packet telemetry
Familiarity with OSI 7 layer communications model
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills

Aaron Zeeb, Space Exploration Technologies
1 Rocket Road - Hawthorne, CA 90250
aaron.zeeb@spacex.com
http://www.spacex.com

View Profile   IP Logged
Rakesh
Community Member

Re: SpaceX - Want to build space radios?
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2011, 5:33am

Hi,
 I am presently pursuing doctoral studies in the areas of analog circuit design. I am seeking internship opportunities this summer. Do you have any vacancies for that
Thanks
Rakesh

View Profile   IP Logged
Aaron Zeeb

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2011, 12:45pm

Yes, we have summer internship opportunites.  Send me a copy of your resume.  I'll take a look.  Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2011, 1:53pm

"to ever successfully launch a liquid fueled rock into Earth orbit"

I know its a typo, but please find the humor in the above!

Let me know if you need help with radiation hardened designs or other environmentally challenged electronics.
Got stuff in satellites and military avionics.

Jerry

jerry@effectiveelectrons.com

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.