The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
spectreVerilog simulation problem (Read 4549 times)
jsun

spectreVerilog simulation problem
Apr 03rd, 2010, 1:13pm

Hi there,

I am designing ADC. And I have analog part and digital part, so I used spectreVerilog for simulation. Now I met a weird scenario.

I synthesized verilog code by dc and imported it into cadence. Before that, I simulated synthesized verilog code in modelsim and it works properly. However, I put this same code in cadence and run spectreverilog, it only runs for first 10 clk cycles and then all the signals become stable, no more change. It should not be like that. I cannot figure out what's wrong.

Any help?

Thanks...

JSun

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: spectreVerilog simulation problem
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2010, 7:02am

Bear in mind that if using spectreVerilog, you are using VerilogXL, which is a very, very old flavour of Verilog.

Apart from that, it's virtually impossible to help you. Could be anything and with nothing to go on, I'd have to be psychic to be able to know what the problem was!

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.