The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:45pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transient noise simulations (Read 4138 times)
currant

Transient noise simulations
Oct 28th, 2009, 6:39am

Hello,

We use spectre transient noise analysis and we get from it very strange results.
Device - BandPass SigmaDelta ADC. It is very unexpectedly for us, that if we increase noisefmax, we get a better SNR.
Did anybody have a same problem or have an explanation of that behavioral?

Many Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: Transient noise simulations
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2009, 12:51pm

Hi Currant,

You better report your problem to your simulator vendor, i.e. cadence if Spectre. The noisefmax is directly linked to the simulation time step (The maximum time step of the transient analysis is limited to 1/noisefmax). Though I don't see why increasing noisefmax would decrease the noise power, i.e. increase the SNR.

Berkeley Design Automation have issued a WP where they give some recommendation for noisefmax/tstep/tstop versus ADC's input frequency and clock frequency. You can check out the paper at http://www.berkeley-da.com/prod/datasheets/Berkeley_DA_Noise_Analisys_Analog_RF_...

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.