The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:30pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Average salary for an analog IC designer  in Germany  and USA (Read 10888 times)
AnalogAroma
Community Member

Germany
Average salary for an analog IC designer  in Germany  and USA
Jan 25th, 2009, 7:41am

Hi folks,

Can anybody  tell me about the salary expectation  for a job in a microelectronics company near Düsseldorf in Germany with 2.5 year work exp ?

I  have  a masters  degree in electronics  engineering. I design analog chip ( integrated circuits )   in a  German company.

What  should be salary expectation for the same job in a US company ?  

View Profile   IP Logged
Dan Clement
Community Member

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Re:  Average salary for an analog IC designer  in Germany  and USA
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2009, 11:43pm

I am not sure as I have been in industry too long to know what starting salaries are these days but I have had good luck using the IEEE salary calculator.  It calculates your "worth" and corrects for years of experience and cost of living, etc.

You could also try the website glassdoor.com.

Good luck,
Dan

View Profile   IP Logged
AnalogAroma
Community Member

Germany
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2009, 1:54am

Hi  Dan,

Thanks for your response. Recently I have discovered that I am getting underpaid. If I move to another company, I can demand the industry-average salary for my qualification. But due to financial downturn, nowadays its difficult to switch to a different company. I am thinking about salary negotiation with my employer. How much should I demand from him ?  Industry average which means 20% increment of the current salary?  Or , simply 5 or 10% increment ?

With Regards,

AA

View Profile   IP Logged
Dan Clement
Community Member

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2009, 2:34pm

Hello,

If I were in your situation I would try to interview at other companies and attempt to get offers at a higher salary.

I would recommend not making too much noise right now as you don't want to make your managers mad in a down economy.

You may want to wait until 2010 to make a move or even consider negotiations.

Good luck,
Dan

View Profile   IP Logged
PaloAlto

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2009, 1:31am

Before you get too upset you should think about it a little. 2,5 years could be time enough to so some really nice work but it could also be that you are not really autonomous yet and you need a lot of guidance.

I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just saying you should think carefully if you really are right before making too much noise.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.