The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 6:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calibre PEX warnings WARNING: Could not find property ID for "sa". (Read 4450 times)
mvaibhav

Calibre PEX warnings WARNING: Could not find property ID for "sa".
Jan 13th, 2009, 7:20am

Hi,

When I run Calibre PEX on my design in IBM process, it creates the Calibre view but gives warnings like:

WARNING: Could not find property ID for "sa".

"sa" is a property of the FETs used in the design. So, basically, it's not evaluating this parameter which is important for simulations. In the extracted netlist I see some default values of sa.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Thanks.
Regards,
vaibhav

View Profile   IP Logged
oermens
Community Member

Re: Calibre PEX warnings WARNING: Could not find property ID for "sa".
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2009, 9:12pm

if you're getting your kits/fab support through mosis then try asking on their message board: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MOSIS_Users_Group/

i've seen notices in my output log such as

`sa1' is not specified. `sa' is used.
   `sb1' is not specified. `sb' is used.

but never thougth much of them. im working with ibm cmos8rf-dm 130nm kit btw

View Profile   IP Logged
mvaibhav

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2009, 5:07am

Hi,
I'm also using the same kit IBM 8RF-DM 130nm. In your case, at least it is using the property, in my case I think it's totally ignoring it. I ask Mosis support but they never encountered this problem. I'll try on Mosis yahoogroups.

Thanks.
vaibhav

View Profile   IP Logged
oermens
Community Member

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2009, 7:54am

What version of the kit are you using? Every time the admin updates the kit, the user has to do some changes to his/her .cdsinit, .cdsenv, .simrc, display.drf (or overwrite local copies with the ones in /<version>/IBM_PDK/cmrf8sf/<subversion>/cdslib/examples/). These files refer to full paths, even if you create the rel symbolic link. What I did is edit the files to point to rel so that I don't have to overwrite them everytime. If cadence is looking for files in different releases of the kit that might screw things up, so make sure everything is pointing to the latest version of your kit. Not sure if this will solve your problem, but its worth a shot.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.