The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:17am
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
convert noise to jitter (Read 1295 times)
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: convert noise to jitter
Reply #45 - Jan 18th, 2016, 4:45am

Frank Wiedmann wrote on Nov 7th, 2008, 12:36am:
I don't know of a general way to set the noise of a part of the circuit to zero. However, some components may have parameters that permit setting their noise to zero.

This is now possible by using the noiseoff_inst option (see http://community.cadence.com/cadence_technology_forums/f/33/t/32451).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
federico.butti

Re: convert noise to jitter
Reply #46 - Nov 16th, 2016, 5:31am

Hi,

I have a question for the experts here!
I am doing a SUBsampled PXF analysis (and a sampled PAC analysis) for a driven circuit (cml2cmos converter + inverters) to simulate supply noise.
The thing that confuses me is the following:
1) fclk = 100 MHz
2) supply noise BW = 1k-300 MHz
Therefore I set PSS fundamental as 100 MHz.

In my understanding, sampled PXF output is the contribution of each input sideband to the output frequency sweep chosen, which in this case should be Nyquist BW (50 MHz). Therefore, in the plot I see the first input sidebands which combined reaches 300 MHz (supply noise BW). Is this a correct way of seeing this thing? I suppose that if one wants to have the actual spectrum of the output sample sequence, one should sum up in the Nyquist BW all the input sidebands with the related folding, i.e. BW 0 between 0-50 MHz, sideband -1 between 50 and 100 MHz and so on, due to the subsampling.

In case noise BW would be smaller than 50 MHz, no subsampling would occur and therefore result would be correct without summing and folding, simply by taking sideband 0. Am I right?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.