The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:02am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Limitation with Cadence AMS designer suite (Read 2684 times)
shaikh_sarfraz

Limitation with Cadence AMS designer suite
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:12pm

Hi All,
Presently it has been seen that many of the syntax given in Verilog-AMS language is not supported by Cadence AMS designer. Like realtobits and bitstoreal operator which are supported in Verilog-D are not supported in Verilog-AMS.

Here is my problem statement:
Presently I am modelling a sensor block. I have to model a block which reads a 2 dimnesional array of reg data then convert it into real/electrical and send it to the output port.

Since in Verilog-D we cannot declare output port as real, so I migrated to Verilog-AMS so that the real data can be sent to the output port (I am assuming electrical ports can be assigend real values).

However during compilation stage it is giving the error that "$bitstoreal is not supported by Affirma-AMS"

Can any body suggest some owrk around?

Regards
Sarfraz

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Limitation with Cadence AMS designer suite
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2007, 1:42pm

I believe I have used $realtobits in AMS Designer in a digital context. I suspect that it would not work if you used $realtobits in the analog section.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.