The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 18th, 2024, 9:01pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to start "Modelwriter"? (Read 40 times)
bk_mensch

how to start "Modelwriter"?
Nov 01st, 2006, 11:44pm

Hi,
I'm using verilog-A modules provided in RFLib to generate cdma baseband signals. 'SpectreRF user guide' mentions can use 'Modelwriter' to modify the modules to tailor them into different FIR designs. Question is, I can not find the key to bring up "Modelwriter" in my current cadence session. Any idea?

thanks,
Berdano.

View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: how to start "Modelwriter"?
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2006, 1:06am

Modelwriter is a standalone tool, just type 'modelwriter' in the terminal
where the path to your Cadence binaries is set.

Bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
lrc

Grrr....

U.S.A
Re: how to start "Modelwriter"?
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2006, 7:43pm

Another way to invoke ModelWriter is simply in Library Manager, choose File -> New -> Cell View.  In Create New File window, choose Tool -> ModelWrite.  Then give your cell name, the view name in your case should be veriloga.  When you finish editing your codes and close ModelWrite, you will be asked whether or not to create a symbol view for your veriloga model.  Once you have a symbol view, you can instantiate it into any schematic to run simulations.  

Good luck.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.