The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:54am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Array size function in Verilog-A/AMS? (Read 2793 times)
mmirmak

Intel signal
integrity; chair,
IBIS Open Forum

Folsom, CA
Array size function in Verilog-A/AMS?
Dec 03rd, 2004, 11:04pm

I have a simple question regarding determining the size of arrays in Verilog-A and Verilog-AMS.  

If I have a function which will accept, for example, an array of reals, how may I determine within the function the size of the array?  In other words, do I have to pass the array size into my function as an explicit integer variable?  Is there some "sizeof" function in Verilog-A or Verilog-AMS which would allow me to determine the size of the array a priori?

Thanks!

- Michael Mirmak
Intel Corp.
Chair, EIA/IBIS Open Forum
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Array size function in Verilog-A/AMS?
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2005, 8:53am

I'm not aware of a way to determine the array size.

Since in Verilog (1364), arrays have to be declared using constant_expressions for the address ranges, it seems that one wouldn't need to query the array (it can't grow during the simulation), other than to avoid passing an additional argument.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.