The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:56am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ANALOG OPENINGS (Read 1532 times)
Brent Rogers

ANALOG OPENINGS
Jan 13th, 2003, 5:27pm

Hello! My name is Brent Rogers and I am a recruiter in Dallas, Texas. I am presently working a number of Fortune 500 companies around the US that are looking for quality Analog engineers. One of my openings is listed below. Please contact me if you are interested.
Regards,
Brent Rogers
Rogers Recruiting
brent@rogersrecruiting.com
972-818-9675

Analog/Mixed-signal Design Engineer

Description
Develop analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits for the industrial and consumer applications. Will perform detailed transistor level circuit design, coupled with architectural design, behavioral modeling, simulation and overall layout direction for the circuits. This position does not require supervisory responsibilities, however it requires proven technical leadership skills. Person should have experience in training junior designers, teach them the art of designing analog circuits and help to maintain and build a strong analog design team for the entire corporation. Responsibilities include the design of CMOS analog blocks, mostly for data converters (ADC, DAC) together with their associated signal conditioning circuits. This include chip level architecture development, sub-circuit partitioning, implementation, characterization and debug, and chip verification effort. Good chip-level debugging and general laboratory skills are also required. Additionally the position requires some level of experience in assisting with test program development, proven chip level floor planning skills, as well as a strong team oriented approach to problem solving. Requires an MSEE and 10+ years of experience in the following: seasoned analog design engineer having a proven track record of designing CMOS analog circuits and chips; specific emphasis on D/A and A/D converters; proven skills in switched capacitor circuit design at block and sub-circuit levels; some DSP background; basic logic design; use of general integrated circuit design tools including schematic capture, transistor level simulation, Verilog, VHDL, LVS and DRC.

IP Logged
Kex

Re: ANALOG OPENINGS
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2003, 10:03am

Hi,
Brent,
Any Analog/ mixed signal opportunities over there with 3-4 years experience in PLL, high speed CMOS design needed? Also, I am in Canada. Need H1B or TN visa to work in US.

IP Logged
Brent Rogers

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2003, 12:21pm

Kex,
Thanks for the email. Analog engineers are in great demand in the US. My companies will look at TN visa holders, but they are presently not hiring H1s through me. Please send me your latest resume if you are interested.
Regards,
Brent
brent@rogersrecruiting.com

IP Logged
Ravi K Nallamothu

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2003, 11:22am

Hai Brent,
      I live in Arlington, TX and I have a M.S EE from UTA. I graduated in May-2002, since then I was looking for a job in my major field, which is analog design. I got some interviews from couple of companies like NSC and QualComm, but they are not successful. So, if you have any open positions matching to my resume please e-mail me.

My resume is as follows...

Ravi Kiran Nallamothu
1018 South Pecan St #218
Arlington TX 76010
USA
Ph 817-860-8728
e-mail: rk_nallamothu@hotmail.com

Objective:
To get a challenging position in the field of hardware design, development or testing.

Areas of interest:
      Micro-electronics, Radio frequency Circuit design, DSP,  VLSI, VHDL, ASIC design, Analog IC design and IC fabrication.

Geographical Preference: None.
      Available immediately

Education:
M.S in Electrical Engineering, May 2002, University of Texas at Arlington. GPA: 3.50/4.00
B.S in Electrical Engineering, June 2000, Nagarjuna University, India. GPA: 4.00/4.00

Relevant Graduate course work:
VHDL, VLSI Design and technology, Analog CMOS IC Design, Advanced Analog CMOS IC design, Silicon IC fabrication technology, Semiconductor Device theory, Digital Signal Processing, RF-Circuit Design, Wireless Communications, Microwave systems Engineering, Algorithms & Data structures,

Undergrad course work:
Senior project on 'Design of automatic Voltage regulator of an alternator'. Course work in Microprocessors and computer architecture, Digital Electronics, Analog Integrated Circuits & Applications, Power Electronics and circuit theory.

Projects:
.       Developed a MOScapacitor on a 2" p-Si wafer in my University's Nano-fab. Cleaning of the wafer, diffusion, oxidation, photolithography, metallization and etching are the process utilized.
·      Designed a SPICE model using the Silicon p-n step junction diode, this involves the detailed analysis of a hypothetical silicon p-n junction diode & calculation of parameters like saturation current, diode current, junction current, small signal resistance, junction cap & diffusion cap, evaluation of values for donor and acceptor concentrations & the depletion widths on the n-side & p-side for a given onesided diode.
.       Designed a high Speed Sample and Hold circuit that operates at 130Ms/sec for use in 10-bit A/D converter. In this project a fully-differential CMOS Opamp with high gain and unity gain frequency is designed first using CADENCE-Tools, it is then implemented in the main S/H circuit. Its layout is also drawn in CADENCE.
·       Designed an error detector and corrector. In this project LFSR technique is used to detect an error and also to correct it. This also utilizes a finite state machine and some buffers. It is synthesized in 'synplify' and tested in 'veribest' software.
·       Designed a high-speed high-resolution comparator. In this project, comparator circuit is designed using CMOS transistors and it is simulated in H-Spice software.
.       Designed a Carry-Lookahead adder. A Hspice code for Carry Lookahead adder is written and executed. The necessary schematics were generated for each stage using Cadence tools and each schematic is simulated in it. Finally the result of the Hspice design is compared with the result of the design generated using VHDL.
·       Designed an RF-Power amplifier circuit. In this project a power amplifier circuit, which should operate in stable region is drawn and simulated in ADS software. Its S-parameters are noted and matching circuits are designed for obtaining the desired plots. At last harmonic analysis is done for 7 different harmonics.
·       Developed a super heterodyne receiver module on a PC-board using ICs ZN414, Philips NE602 and LM386 for my course project and it was tested in my electronics lab under my instructor supervision. It gave some fruitful results and various parameters like IP2, IP3 etc, were measured.

Educational Work Experience:
      Trainee / Intern in my senior year at TVS Electronics Ltd., India. (05/20/1999 – 08/25/1999).
Worked with project managers collecting data for project metrics, project scheduling and project management research. Gained some experience in digital logic and interface IC data collection, printed circuit board debug and analysis; maintenance of lab equipment and installation of upgrades.
      Research Assistant during my junior and senior years of Undergraduation in measurements lab. Duties included maintenance of lab-equipment, ordering of circuit components, assisting sophomores during lab-sessions and helping my professor in his research activities.

Software knowledge:
      Office tools, C, C++, Matlab, Mathcad, PSpice, HSpice, HP-ADS, CADENCE-tools, Synplify, Veribest and Modelsim.
         Operating systems: Windows NT/XP/2000, Unix, Sun Solaris

References: Available if needed.

IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2003, 3:44pm

I would not imagine that Brent visits this site very often. I suggest that you respond directly to Brent using the email address he gave.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.